Youth Protection Policy for District, by PP Silva Yeung Tak Wah, RC of Kowloon Golden Mile
Rotary International strives to create and maintain a safe environment for all youth who participate in Rotary activities. To the best of their ability, Rotarians, Rotarians’ partners, and other volunteers must safeguard the children and young people with whom they come in contact and protect them from physical, sexual, and psychological abuse. (October 2019 Mtg., Bd. Dec. 58)
District 3450 will also follow RI Code of policy and form a Youth Policy this year. As matter of facts, it is one of requirements listed in the Rotary Code of Policies sections on Youth Protection and Youth Exchange. for any district which wants to participate in Rotary Youth Exchange,
Hence, thanks to DG Eric and PDG Eugene, under their instruction, I set up a taskforce consists of representatives who have huge experiences and expertise on either youth, counselling and / or legal aspects.
|PP Michael Chan||RC Macau Central|
|PP Chelsia To||RC Queensway|
|PP Menza Chu||RC SoHo HK|
|PP Elvo Sou||RC Macau|
|President Sukhbaatar||RC Ulanbaatar|
|Rtn Grace Ma||RC Neoteric HK|
Advisors are PDG Anthony Hung and PDG Eugene Fong.
The main tasks of this taskforce are:
- To draft up a Youth Policy under the guidelines of RI;
- To apply for a Certificate so that to fulfill youth exchange program requirements;
- To give a briefing session in District promoting what Youth Protection is about;
- To write up training kits and training to club officers.
Our time schedule in this year is:
- July to August : Formation of Taskforce
- September: Draft of Youth Policy to PDG Anthony Hung and DG Eric Chak
- October/November: Report to DMC and JPM
- December: Briefing session to All Clubs
- February 2021: Training to Club Officers