Distribution of District Grant 2019-20 has all been completed. Last year, we received 56 applications involving 57 Rotary Clubs. It was a difficult year and some clubs had difficulty in completing their projects. As according to RI’s instruction, it was offered that they could repurpose their projects for covid-19. District Grant also sponsored some projects intended for last year’s Disaster Response. At the final count, District Grant funded a total of 53 projects, with 10 of which being for covid-19.
Total District Grant awarded was US$164,902. 5 applications were not awarded due to either withdraw or no report submission or not having achieved EREY even at the end of last Rotary year.
District Grant 2020-21 Application deadline 31 August 2020 (23:59)
This year, total District Grants funds available is about US$145,354. This will fund these project types: Humanitarian Projects, Vocational Training Team or Scholarship.
The maximum grant per application is US$3,000 or 50% of proposed budget of the project, whichever is lower.
- Please note criteria of scoring is listed below:
- Impact on Community
- Cost effectiveness
- Public Image
- Environmental concern
- Embracing changing times
- Exemplifies your Club’s mission and vision
- Engagement (of Rotarians and families)
- Amalgamation (enhance collaboration within Rotary family, including Rotary Clubs, Rotaract, Interact, RAAS, RCC, etc.)
- Only Rotary Clubs may apply and each Club can only submit one application. And projects can be single Club or Joint Club.
- Please make sure that your Club will achieve EREY before 15 October 2020, and that your Club is qualified.
- The following are links for documents required for Club Qualification:
- Links for online forms
- Please contact PP Alice Tsang, Vice Chair (District Grant Subcommittee) at (852) 9028 3096 or email@example.com