BY PP Menza Chu, Rotary Club of Soho Hong Kong
Being one of the avenues of service in Rotary, Youth service (New Generations) is always of cardinal importance in each and every Rotarian’s heart in every Rotary Year. With a solid foundation well established in Rotary International District 3450, all fellow members of the Youth Service Committee always have a mission to serve our new generations wholeheartedly under the leadership of our District Governor Keith who has laid down some clear directions for the District and Rotary Clubs to follow in the Rotary Year 2021/22, such as:
- Ensure all Rotarians, especially new clubs have basic knowledge to Rotaract, Interact, RYLA & Youth Protection Programme, there would be compulsory training programme for our Rotaract and Interact Advisors in Rotary Clubs.
- Appoint at least 2 Rotaractors in each core District Committee in the Rotary Year 2021/22.
- Complete the Rotaract District Dues Collection Resolution by the end of May 2022.
- Develop a comprehensive Rotaract and Interact Database.
- Support Rotary Junioract Club.
- Provide more opportunities and platforms to connect our Rotaractors and Interactors via Rotary Day of Services, Peace Camp, Rotary Hong Kong Ultramarathon and World Rotaract Week mini-concert.
- Elevate our Rotaractors by Job Internship Matching Programme, Mock Interviews, Greater Bay Area (GBA) Internship Programme, vocational onsite visits and etc. organised by Vocational Service Committee.
With these service directions, Youth Service Committee would work out a strategic plan and take every step to engage our Rotaractors and Interactors through a series of major activities as follows,
Despite the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic, we have adopted and adapted to a new normal of service delivery format. Youth Service Committee would also like to accomplish the major tasks below by the end of the Rotary Year 2021/22,
- Promote the major changes on RI policy on Rotaract to Rotary Clubs
- Consult different stakeholders to implement major Rotaract policy changes by RI, e.g. how much to collect and how to collect our District Dues from Rotaractors
- Set up membership database for Rotaract and Interact
- Promote RYLA to Rotarians and recruit potential young participants to RYLA
- Arrange trainings and promotions on Youth Protection Policy by the Youth Protection Committee
- Arrange trainings and promotions on Youth Exchange Programme
- Organise virtual Youth Exchange Programmes for Hong Kong and Mongolia as well as Macau
- Promote the new initiative on Junioract to all concerned parties
- Render any necessary training and assistance to all sponsoring clubs who would like to charter new Rotaract Club, Interact Club or Junioract Club
- Support other District events e.g. Rotary Ultramarathon, Rotary Day, GBA Internship Programmes and etc. by involving our new generations
Should you have any suggestion and query about youth service, please do not hesitate to contact any one of us,
- Ex-Official – DG Keith Chow 2021/22 (RC Admiralty)
- Advisor – PDG Eugene Fong (RC Kowloon West)
- Youth Protection Committee Chair – PP Silva Yeung (RC Kowloon Golden Mile)
- Chair – PP Menza Chu (RC SoHo Hong Kong)
- Vice Chair – PP Wing Leung (RC Kowloon West)
- Vice Chair (Macau) – PP Sam Ip (RC Macau)
- Vice Chair (Mongolia) – PP Ariungoo Khurelbaatar (RC UB Peace Avenue)
- District Rotaract Chair – PP Henry Wong (RC HK Island West)
- Interact Chair – PP Vicky Woo (RC Island Green)
- RYLA Chair – PP Jeffrey Kwok (RC SoHo Hong Kong)
- Youth Exchange Chair – PP Herman Lo (RC HK Fairview)
- Youth Exchange Chair (Macau) – PP Sam Ip (RC Macau)
- Youth Exchange Vice Chair (Macau) – Rtn Philip Lai (RC Macau)